02/02/2013

FEBRUARY GOALS

[ ] - 120+ HOURS OF HEM PLAY.
Last month I got in 115 hours while starting off the month putting in only 3-4hrs per day and later upping it to 5-7. I didn't have many off days, however, and I will probably have a few this month. I plan on playing 5-7hours on as many grinding days as I can. I think 140+ hours is doable by me but I don't want to set the bar too high and 120hours would not be a bad result. I may change this goal to increase the hours if I stay ahead of pace but I don't plan on lowering it.
I have got to remember to not focus on bad sessions, days, or even weeks. If I put in 120+ hours each month I will have a nice chunk of change to make up for them. This is the only thing that matters.

[ ] - 2,000+ GAMES.
This is another low-estimate goal. I would think on average putting in 120 hours of play would lean more towards 2,400 games but I have to figure in February the games still won't be all that great, I may have to avoid a lot of games and settle for a low game-per-hour count. I may also implement changes in my game that make me drop down tables for a few days. So there is a good chance I adjust this goal higher, a slight change I adjust it lower, but I think 2,000 games would be an OK amount for the month.


That's about it. I don't have any monetary goals because I can't possibly control that outcome within a month. I would like to rake >12,500 for the month but it's not something that should take more focus than hours/games (which will of course lead to the rake goal).
I want to keep reviewing, discussing strategy with my small circle of poker buddies, and watch a few poker videos to learn some new, and improve on some old, concepts but I think I'm dedicated enough to doing that that I shouldn't need to make it a goal.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment